The Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD) in collaboration with the Pennsylvania State Data Center at Penn State Harrisburg secured federal Statistical Justice System funding from the Bureau of Justice Statistics to implement this digital dashboard system.
PCCD is committed to improving the administration of justice at the state and local level through the implementation of innovative solutions. At the county level, these efforts have been facilitated through the establishment of county Criminal Justice Advisory Boards (CJABs), which include a wide-continuum of county officials from the courts, corrections, law enforcement, community-based justice organizations, executive branch agencies, health and human service agencies, victims' service agencies, and the faith communities. CJABs use a collaborative approach to justice planning and problem solving.
The pilot process was completed in April 2013, and the dashboards are now implemented on a statewide basis.
The dashboards track key metrics from the county justice system including: prison indicators, courts indicators, juvenile indicators, probation/parole indicators, law enforcement indicators.
The following agencies provided data for the dashboards:
- Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) provides data for the Law Enforcement section of the dashboard. Data is part of the Uniform Crime Report system. Data is provided on a monthly basis. Data from the Criminal History system is provided quarterly for the Offender Identification dashboard.
- Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts (AOPC) provides data on a monthly basis for the courts and victims dashboards. Data is provided quarterly for the Offender Identification dashboard.
- Pennsylvania Commission on Sentencing (PCS) provided data for the sentencing dashboard. Data is provided from the annual report.
- Pennsylvania Board of Probation and Parole (PBPP) provided data for the state probation dashboard. Data is provided on a monthly basis.
- Pennsylvania Justice Network (JNET) provided data for the county probation dashboard. Data is provided on a monthly basis
- PCCD's APPRISS database provided data for the County Jails dashboard. Data is provided on a monthly basis.
- PCCD's Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification system (SAVIN) provided data for the victims dashboard. Data is provided on a monthly basis.
- PCCD's Office of Victims' Services provides data for the victims dashboard on a monthly basis.
For more information please contact:Bobby Juip, CJAB Specialist - Western Region of Pennsylvania, at email@example.com or (717) 265-8495.
For more information on offender identification contact: Kathy Clarke, Law Enforcement & Technology Unit Supervisor, Office of Criminal Justice System Improvements, Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency at firstname.lastname@example.org (717) 265-8452.